400g Puff pastry
8 Plum tomatoes – skinned
1 Large red onion – peeled
1 Tub IOW slow roasted tomatoes with basil
Rocket – to serve
Olive oil[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
Serves 4 as a starter or as a light main course
Tip: You can of course use other slow roasted tomatoes but the Isle of Wight Tomatoes have strong flavours which can please everyone
1. Roll out the puff pastry to a thickness of 3mm and then cut out 4 even size circles 16cm wide.
2. Transfer onto a baking sheet lined with silicone paper and chill in the fridge.
Slice the tomatoes as thinly as possible and rest on absorbent paper to dry slightly.
3. Slice the onion in half and then into very thin slices, arrange the tomato on each of the pastry circles interleafing a slice of onion after every couple of tomato slices. Drizzle with olive oil and season well.
4. Bake the tarts at 200˚c for 10 – 12 minutes or until the pastry is golden and lightly coloured underneath.
5. Shave the parmesan on top of the tarts and top with dressed rocket, slow roasted tomatoes and torn basil.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]