4 Thick slices of Ciabatta
500g Mixed Isle of Wight exotic mushrooms
1 Clove garlic
12 Slices Serrano ham
100g Parmesan shavings
Serves 4 as a starter
Tip: The mushrooms are sautéed in olive oil and a little sherry vinegar is added to deglaze, the mushrooms are then left to cool before being layered with Serrano ham and parmesan, all of this sitting on a lovely piece of chargrilled Ciabatta, great as a starter or even a light main meal
1. Separate the mushrooms into even size pieces and sauté in olive oil until softened.
2. Add a little sherry vinegar to the mushrooms and reduce to burn off the harsh vinegar taste, season and cool.
3. Heat a chargrill pan until very hot, add a little vegetable oil and immediately drain. Rub the Ciabatta slices with olive oil and then place on the chargrill leaving until they have coloured well but not burnt.
4. Slice the garlic clove in half and rub the Ciabatta to give extra flavour.
5. Arrange the Serrano ham and mushrooms on top of the bread interleaving the Parmesan shavings. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
6. Top with the dressed rocket and finish with a little olive oil, sea salt and black pepper